Wednesday, July 8, 2009

HDIF about our miracle? DYFF.

Dear LORD:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for our miracle today. Bless you! Praise you! Hallelujah!

Dearest Ruth:

Your MEQ today was telling me the private things you shared with me at dinner, including the situation with your grandmother's medication (which you had actually never shared with another living soul). I felt very special to be given the privilege of knowing another side of you.

The way I feel about our miracle is thrilled, which is subdued slightly by a wait-and-see feeling about our daughter. On the one hand, I was thrilled with the way she responded to me during our conversation this morning. It was amazing. I actually expected her to push back strongly, and to have to get to the point of huge histrionics, packing her up, taking her to Sam's and Jon's apartment, etc. Of course, none of that happened.

At the same time, my level of enthusiasm is muted by realism. I am no fool. I understand thoroughly how entrenched drugs can be in young peoples' lives. I expect to have further issues with our daughter, and will be pleasantly surprised if this is the end of it. I am hopeful, but still watchful.

I told her if she uses drugs we will know. I told her that her mother is an amazing lie detector and she always finds out. We will see.

My strongest feeling is one of being thrilled. It is similar to the feeling of riding a very fun rollercoaster. The Incredible Hulk at Universal Studios / Florida comes to mind. It is an enormous, modern, steel coaster with a 2-stage linear motor. You go from 0 to 60 mph in less than a second. You do multiple loops, barrel rolls and the like. I love that coaster! This feeling is similar. The ride today was wild, to say the least. I love it!

The color would be like the bright white pop of an electronic flash bulb. Like the light going off in your head.

In terms of a shared memory, it would be like finding out that we had hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax refunds coming back to us. That felt like we had won the lottery.

For now, I think what happened today is wonderful. Let's take it one day at a time. I will be watching our daughter closely and expect to have more conversations.

I love you with an undying love.

Love,
Me

No comments: