Thursday, January 15, 2009

What do you love about our relationship? DYFF.

Dear LORD:

Be with my sweetheart and me as we communicate together. How I love her!

MDDL:

Your MEQ today was the way you calmed me down from being frustrated by Gretchen in the glasses store. You were perfect. You listened to my grousing for a good long while, and then when I became pedantic, you shut me up. I was able to go on because of your sensitivity. I love you!

The thing I most love about our relationship is the companionship of just being with you. I find it very relaxing, soothing, and satisfying to simply be in your presence. Like we were today when we were on our way to the mall. Or tonight when we were sitting in the family room together.

My favorite place to be is in the car with you, going somewhere. I love holding your hand. I love the feel of your skin against mine. I love to hear and feel your breath. I like to look over and see you there, my blue-eyed brownette, smiling back at me.

The way I feel about this is relaxed, calmed and soothed. Relaxed is the strongest feeling. You relax me. I think that is the best way to put it. You used to be my number one source of stress. No longer. Now you are my number one source of stress-relief!

It feels like the relaxing feeling you have on a cool summer evening, when you sit out on a verdant hillside, watching the sun go down, and seeing the stars come out in the sky, while you feel the cool, soft breeze, and hear the sound of the crickets in the distance. Just hanging there, between earth and sky, being, doing nothing in particular, nowhere to go, and nothing to do. Happy and content to just be.

That is how I feel with you now. I am just happy that we are who we are. I don't want to change you. I feel and know that you don't want to change me. We are happy and content with each other. At least, I know I am with you. It is wonderful to be simply, and quietly, us.

My feeling is strong, about a 9. It is like the color of the sky at sunset, a deep golden red mixed with pink and yellow. Or the color of the fireplace when it is going good and strong, when you stare into the fire and see the embers burning a deep, pinkish red, burnt through with orange. A warm, comforting glow.

In terms of a shared experience, it is like we were when we went on our trip to California and we were bopping around the Bay Area, just having fun, eating together in cool new restaurants and the like. What a fabulous trip!

I will post now, because you just did. I love you!

Love,
Me

No comments: