Sunday, October 5, 2008

HDIF when I put aside my feelings and reach out to you? DYFID.

Dear LORD:

Be with us today as we simply spend time together. I love Ruth so much! Help us to regroup, recharge and get ready for the next challenges of next week. Amen!

MDDL:

You MEQ today was giving me a smiling kiss when I brought you coffee. I love to kiss your smiling face!

The way I feel when I put aside my feelings and reach out to you is transformed.

I find that our relationship is a pathway for my spiritual transformation. As I deny myself and my feelings and reach out to you, I overcome the selfishness and self-centeredness of my ego, and my true nature shines through.

An example would be this week when I was calling you very frequently. I would be going along with my day, doing whatever, going to some meeting or another. I could have simply stayed in my spot, in my own feelings, desires and such. But instead I made a conscious decision to call you. I kept my mind, heart and feelings turned towards you. Because you were constantly on my mind, if I had a few minutes, I just hit "3" on my cellphone. If you were there, great! We always had a great talk, and you were thrilled to hear my voice, as I was to hear yours. If not, I left you a nice voicemail as well. Or I sent you a text.

I loved our texts this week, didn't you!

In this way, I stayed emotionally and spiritually connected to you all week. It was great! Not only did our emotional lives become fuller, but I overcame my funk. I stayed in a much better mood. I did not allow myself to wallow in self pity about being away from you and isolated. Instead, I did something constructive and productive about it. That's true transformation! Doing something about an issue in your life instead of wallowing. Yeah!

An example from nature of the feeling of transformation would be like a flower blooming, a small bud becoming a beautiful blossom. Or like a caterpillar spinning a cocoon and then emerging as a beautiful butterfly. Or perhaps like my refrigerator magnet of the baby turtle emerging from the egg.

It is a beautiful feeling, very strong, definitely a "10". The color is golden, like the sun.

I love you!

Love,
Me

No comments: